running away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running away

Im 15 and im heavily considering running away. My family is very supportive but my sister suffers from Bi-Polar disorder and my brother has schizophrenia. I myself have many mental issues. My sister left to a hospital today and I feel like i am trapped. I live in Colorado springs and with this pandemic going on there is no way I can find a safe place to stay. Im thinking about doing it when the pandemic is over. I smoke weed and my parents will freak out if they find out. I rally need some advice.

Thanks for reaching out to NRS,
    It seems like you have a lot going on in your family and with the added pressure from the pandemic are feeling more oppressed at home than before. Generally if you were to leave home your parents could file a runaway report. This is what is known as a status offence, so it’s not illegal and you won’t be put in jail or anything. If the police find that you are doing something that is illegal in the process then they could prosecute for any of those charges. If you are worried about how your parents might respond to you smoking weed, it may be worth asking a few questions of them to see how they do feel about it as a coping mechanism.
    Hopefully you find this information helpful. If you have more questions or just need to talk you can call our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X