I want to leave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to leave

Hi. I'm 13 years old and I live in Arizona. The reason I want to run away is because of my mother. She calls me names and has physically hurt me many times in the past. My mom treats me like a personal assistant. I have anxiety and major depression. This is too much for me. I need help. I want to know how much the price is to go on a train or bus to run away to a different state.

Reply: I want to leave

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

You don’t deserve to be abused by your mother and it is not your fault that has happened.
    It’s understandable that you would like to see things change as this must be quite upsetting for you.
    It sounds like you are having some issues with anxiety and depression.

It appears you feel that it all has gotten to be too much. We hear you.
    It’s good that you are looking for some options but it’s might also be a good idea to plan on being safe with those options.
    Does that make sense?
    NRS is here to listen and here to help.

You might consider contacting NRS at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org (Live chat) to discuss your situation and maybe explore some options.
    We can search our data base for possible services for help with your situation.
    There may be alternatives for emergency shelter for youth at risk.
    How does that sound?

Great job reaching out.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X