Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I stay at friends for a couple of days then go back home?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I stay at friends for a couple of days then go back home?

Hi, im 16 and need break from being in house with my family. I have friend who offered to keep at their place. But I dont want to run away. I just need a break and want to come back home. I live in NH, can I do that?

Great question. A lot depends on your specific situation. Under normal circumstances, if you have permission from your parents to stay with a friend, there shouldn't be any problem with you leaving. If you don't have permission and you leave anyway, your parents could file a runaway report and the police likely would bring you back home. If a runaway report is made anyone you stay with could be accused of harboring a runaway, which is a misdemeanor in most localities. All that said, we can't really speak to what the local situation might be like with stay-at-home orders due to COVID-19. We hope this information helps. If you'd like to talk you can call us anytime at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us online at www.1800runaway.org. We are a safe, confidential place to discuss what's on your mind.

Stay safe!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X