•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod13
    replied
    Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us here at NRS. While we are not legal experts, by any means we can speak generally on this.

Your parents are able to give you permission to live somewhere else as long as you are safe and being cared. If they are okay with you living with your biological father and give their consent for you to do so then there would likely not be any legal issues with this. Now if there is a court order that prohibits your bio dad from seeing you then he could get into legal trouble if you went to live with him. Either your bio dad or your parents would know if this is the case.

Now, if you leave home without permission from your parents then they can report you as a runaway to the police. Running away is not illegal, but it is a status offense. This means you would likely be returned home by the police. While you would not get into any legal trouble, your biological father or whoever you are staying with is at risk of being charged with harboring a runaway.

We hope this information helps! If you would like to talk more in detail about your situation, please do not hesitate to reach out anytime by phone 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at 1800runaway.org.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic If I leave my adoptive parents can I go live with my real father

If I leave my adoptive parents can I go live with my real father

I'm 15, and I'm planning to leave my current place of residents with my parent's consent but, I want to go live with my biological father. I don't know if it's legal for me too since he did give away his custody in 2012. Would this be counted as too risky? I have been searching all night with no positive results. Anything would help
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X