Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm under 18 but can I move in with a friend states away? With Parents permission?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm under 18 but can I move in with a friend states away? With Parents permission?

My friend moved to Minnesota and I live in Indiana. My parents are not supportive of me and don't trust me to make my own decisions. My school is horrible I feel I could do better at school that cared more about their student and if they graduate/pass. My friend school is amazing and she's a doing amazing and in so many clubs. The area they live in has so many opportunities, were here there aren't any. If I had my parents permission could I move in with them and live there during school year and visit my parents in summer? I'm a sophomore now and would do this till I graduated. Before I said my parents are unsupportive but they also don't understand my depression. They never ask how i'm doing and only yell. I honestly can deal with the stress anymore and I need to get out. My friend Adena (the girl from MN) is amazing, my bestfriend and my rock. We Skpye 13 or more hours a day and she always comes to visit for a month in summer. I just miss her so much and I know her family so well. I just wanna know if I can legally do this.

Reply:I'm under 18 but can I move in with a friend states away? With Parents permissi

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    It sounds like you would like to live with your friend and her family.

If your parents give their permission and her parents agree to have you stay then it’s there decision to make. Do you think her parents might want some provisions in you staying with them? They may have rules that you could be expected to follow and there may also be some concerns about financial responsibilities.

This may be something that both your parents could sit down and discuss beforehand.
    Other than moving with your friend perhaps you have thought about some other options for making things better for you at home and with your current school situation.
    Does that make sense?

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    It sounds like you feel really strongly about the friendship you share with your friend.
    It sounds very supportive. Good for you.

If you would like to speak more about your situation call NRS.
    To contact NRS a call at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or to live chat visit www.1800Runaway.org
    Great job reaching out tonight.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X