•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod4
    replied

Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).
    We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are unhappy with your current living arrangement and you are hoping to leave and go stay with your boyfriend. But before you make a decision it seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
    While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent/guardian permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions. If you have not done so already you might consider speaking with a case manager about any issues of unhappiness there might be at your foster placement.
    You are welcome to contact NRS to talk more about your situation. We are here to listen and here to help. We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Take care,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Common Day Romeo and Juliet

Common Day Romeo and Juliet

I'm 16 and my bf is 18. I am a foster kid and hate my life right now. I really wanna run away and live with him, but am afraid of being caught. Can they make me leave my bf's house if I run away?
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 03-21-2020, 01:08 AM.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X