•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are going through a rough time emotionally and having thoughts of suicide. If you are feeling at risk we urge you to contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
    You are not alone. NRS is here to listen and support you during this difficult time.
    There are other options you might consider.

If you’re feeling unsafe and need a safe place to go and talk to someone, you may wish to visit The National Safeplace website (www.nationalsafeplace.org). This organization provides access to immediate help and supportive resources for youth in need. You can look up your city and state to see if there are any safe places near you listed. So that is always an option if you feel like talking to someone in person about what has been going on or if you just need of a safe place to stay.
    You also may use your phone to text the word “safe” and your current location (city/state/zip) to 69866. If there are safe places and shelters nearby, a list of those will be sent to your phone and you may have the option to text back and forth with a trained counselor as well.
    Should you want to talk more about your situation,please contact NRS at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800runaway.org (live chat).
    Be safe,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Leave home at 16

Leave home at 16

Hey, I'm 16 living in pa. I live with my dad in the same house both my parents used to live in, but they're split now. I've been diagnosed with PTSD due to events in my childhood. Living in my house brings me constant emotional pain to the point where I want to kill myself or am severely depressed all the time. I've tried to leave my house before but every time my dad calls the cops,and declares that I'm a runaway, and they stop me and keep me in one spot until my dad comes to pick me up, or they bring me back. Can I just leave, if even for a few days? And if so, can the police stop me physically if I do not wish to return home and keep traveling or living outside of home? Have tried to figure this out but I can't find much on pa runaway laws. Any help is much appreciated
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X