Want to move back to old state for school

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to move back to old state for school

im 16 and i moved to texas about 3 months ago or so and ive been trying to go back to live with a friend so i can continue school there. The only problem is is that my parents wont give me permission. This school was going to give me so much potential for taking college classes and to really be pushed but now i go to a horrible school and its not the first one i've been to here. So i need help as to how i could legally go back, i would have a house food clothing i don't know what else to do

Re: Want to move back to old state for school

Hi,
    Thanks for reaching out to NRS! It sounds like you are in a stressful situation and really don’t want to be at your current school. We aren’t legal experts, but in the state of Texas to legally be an adult one would have to be 18. Running away is not a crime, it is just something you can’t do because you aren’t legally an adult. If you were to leave home without your parents’ permission, there is a risk of your friend being charged for harboring a runaway if your parents’ file a runaway report. If you are comfortable, maybe talking to you parents and expression concern for your situation can be helpful or even asking for resources to aid you for planning for college outside of school if that is a concern. As always we are a resource you can contact if you want to talk more and think through a plan. You can reach us on our chat lines online or at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are 24/7 and confidential and are here to help. We hope to hear from you soon!
    Best, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X