I just turned 14 and i live in Oregon but i want to run away to Colorado

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just turned 14 and i live in Oregon but i want to run away to Colorado

so here's the deal. My dad did drugs and social services got involved so we moved from family member to family member intill my aunt and uncle got legal
    custody. they are super strict Mormans who take away my privlaes because i have depression.They are verbaly abusive. i dont have any phone or acess to the
    internet and im doing this through school. My dad is now clean and trying to get us back. If i don't get back by the beginning of December of this year,
    i plan on running away. it's legal in OR and in CO to run away and the most they could do is file a missing persons report. So if i run away to my Dad's
    house can i still go to school without getting caught? will my dad get in trouble?

Re: I just turned 14 and i live in Oregon but i want to run away to Colorado

Hey there!
    Thanks for reaching out to us. We’re sorry to hear that you’re in this difficult situation. You don’t deserve to be abused in any way. It’s great news that your dad is clean and that you want to reconnect with him. You mentioned that running away isn’t illegal and while that’s true, running away is considered a status offense – what this means is you wouldn’t get arrested but the cops will most likely bring you back to your legal guardian if your aunt or uncle filed a runaway report. A common way police find runaway youth is by contacting the school. If your dad is not a legal guardian he could potentially be charged with harboring a minor. We would love to hear more about your situation so we can better serve your needs so please don’t ever hesitate to give us a call on our confidential lines at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We’re here 24/7 and we look forward to hearing more from you!

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X