Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If i leave what will happen

Hi,

Recently my life at home hasnt been so great ( I know that pretty much everyone here ), but needles to say I have run away before (3 times to be exact) and it, didnt turn out so well for me. I really do love my mom and I want to make things work, but recently i've just been thinking more and more about leaving. I am only 15 and I know legally that my mom has every right to come after me. I was wondering what kind of affect it had on parents because I really want to know what it would do to her if I dissapeared and she never saw me again.

Thanks!

RE: If i leave what will happen

Hello there –

Thank you for reaching to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. We hope that by helping you on our public forum that others that might be in similar situations or the same questions, can read through and find our reply helpful. From your post it sounds like you’re interested in knowing what your mother feels when you run away from home and from what you have told us, looks like you’ve done it more than once before. Now we can’t really answer on how your mother would feel when you run away from home, only she can know how that feels. That might be something that you might have to really sit down and talk to her about.

Now what we can do for is that we offer a service that is basically a Conference Call where the parent, the youth, and us would be on the phone talking about what has been going on. This way there can be a mediator in between keeping things calm and productive. You can ask her about what she feels when you have runaway in the past and how she might feel if you did leave again. If you’d feel more comfortable with doing that, just know that it’s always available. It might be a great way to talk about what you are thinking about doing and some of the reasons why you want to runaway or get her option. Something constructive so that it certainly opens the lines of communication.

If you give us a call on our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we could help you find resources in your area and could potentially help you brainstorm a possible solution to the issues you are having. We would love to talk to you a little more about what has been going on recently that is making you want to leave home. We also have an online chat service available every day.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X