Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a 17 year old move out to live with her 18 year old boyfriend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

I'm 17 and I'll be 18 in October I'm capable of going to school and getting a job, I live in texas . My 18 year old girlfriend wants me to live with her in Dallas tx at her and her parents. My mom and stepdad are wanting to kick me out and I'm just wondering if I'll be okay to move in with them.

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It is our understanding that if you have your parents’ permission (or if they do not care), you can unofficially move in with someone else. However, as a minor, your parents still have the option to file a runaway report on you with the police if they change their mind. This would not mean that you are in any legal trouble. You would not be arrested or charged with anything. It would mean that if the police knew where you were or encountered you, they would be entitled to notify your guardian and return you home.

If you are interested in talking in more detail about your situation, we may be able to provide you with more specific information. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org in order to see what options you have.

Take care,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X