No announcement yet.

15 pregnant and wanting to run away

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 15 pregnant and wanting to run away

    I'm 15 & pregnant living in west palm beach Florida, I Do not want to be living in my home .The fact that my past memories in that house haunt me & I feel that my child's life could be in with my mother & her husband for about 7 years has been
    Tourture . My mothers husband has molested me various times over the past years I was to scared to have him confronted when in confidence told my
    mother ,I wasn't believed
    Months Later I had a
    conversation with an officer
    and told Him what my step
    father did to me and he asked have You told your mother
    because if she is aware this is happening to you she could get into a lot of trouble and
    that's somthing I don't want After this was brought up To an officer near me he said he was going to have a meeting
    at my house and never showed
    Up My mother dosnt want me
    pregnant and fails to
    acknowledge that I am and
    takes me to a clinic when I
    keep asking why are here I
    didn't get a response till in the clinics elavator and was
    told I was going to put on
    depovera I refused and left
    the building a huge fight
    stared where my mom called
    my boyfriend saying horrific
    things about me and later
    telling my boyfriend I have
    medical training I already
    have the depovera and if I
    want I can put it in a needle and inject her when ever I
    want at our house
    and you wouldn't know a thing what would happen if I leave
    To stay with my boyfriend and his parents I still want to attend school

  • #2
    Re: 15 pregnant and wanting to run away

    Thank you so much for reaching out. It takes a lot of personal courage to reach out for help, and you’ve done that several times. That says a lot about the strength of your personal character.

    No one deserves to be treated this way. No one should have to be scared of being abused, molested, or otherwise harmed in their home. We certainly understand why you’re asking about options for living elsewhere.

    We aren’t legal experts, but can tell you from our experience what may happen if you left home without your parent’s/guardian’s consent. In the State of Florida, you typically have to be 18 years old to be able to move out of home without consent from your parent/guardian. If you’re under 18, your mother would have the right to file a missing person/runaway report with the local police. There typically would be no criminal charges against you for this, but the police could force you to return to your mom. Additionally, any adults that assist or house you could face criminal charges for harboring and/or assisting a runaway minor.

    The Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County could be a good resource for specific legal advice. They offer free legal aid. Their phone number is 561-655-8944, toll free is 800-403-9353. You can also visit them at or email them at [email protected].

    Since you’ve had trouble filing a report regarding the molestation by your mother’s husband, we can help you get that filed. We have experience with filing abuse reports and can file on your behalf so we can make sure the proper authorities are aware of the report. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

    Again, we’re really glad that you reached out to us. It takes a lot to ask for help, and you are trying to figure out your options – which is really good to see. If you would like to talk further about your situation, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us. We’re here to listen, here to help.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp