I'm 17 and I need to move out without my parents consent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 17 and I need to move out without my parents consent

Im 17 and a year ago I was raped at my sister's college in a different state while she was in the room and allowed it to happen. I've been self harming, seeing several different therapists, and turning to substances for about 3 years and am recently clean of everything for 10 months thanks to the support from my boyfriend. I ended up telling my therapist about getting raped and she forced me to tell my parents who then questioned if it even happened or if I tried to stop it, they also didn't talk to my sister about what happened and then did nothing to help me. I've never been happy at home and my parents push me around, put immense amounts of stress and expectations on me, and try to control every aspect of my life. My boyfriend recently found out about me being raped and that my parents and sister did nothing and he wants me to move in with him. I graduate soon and my parents have control of my bank accounts and college fund. I'd leave within a night if it was possible to get total access to my money and make sure that I wouldn't have to ever go back. I'm 17 with three jobs, that my parents forced on me, and without a license. I need help on what I can do because I can't stay in that house anymore. Please.

Re: I'm 17 and I need to move out without my parents consent

Hello and thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you have endured some very unfortunate situations that no one should ever have to go through. You are strong in reaching out to get some support and explore some of your next steps. It sounds disappointing and angering to not have your family trust and believe you. Your boyfriend seems to be quite supportive which can be a helpful thing in stressful and troubling times.

It sounds like you’ve got a plan to leave and get to a safe place but you’re wondering about how to iron out some other things before committing to leave. We are here to help explore some options with you if you would like to talk more about your situation with us. We can also share some more information about what consequences may come with running away. We are best reached by phone or chat.

We hope you remain safe and reach out soon,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X