No announcement yet.

15 yr old niece

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 15 yr old niece

    I am 43, my niece is 15. She lives in a very toxic household. I am scared she is going to commit suicide. Can she leave and live with me?? What steps do I need to take? Please help

  • #2
    Hey there,

    If you believe your niece is being abused, you can make a child abuse report through the police department or an organization called Childhelp. Their contact information is 1-800-422-4453. They can help walk you through the process of filing a report and help explain more about the process that follows. You may also speak with legal services to discuss filing for temporary custody of your niece. If she is feeling suicidal and you are worried for her safety, please call 911. You can give her our contact information, as we are here to listen and provide the necessary resources for youth. She can also reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline through their number, 1-800-273-8255. She is lucky to have someone who cares so much about her safety and wants to help.

    Best of luck,

    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); (click on the chat button).

    Please click the link below to fill out our survey:
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    • #3
      Thank you so much!!!


      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif