• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod0
    replied
    Re: Can i move out at 17 in Idaho?

Hello,
    Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that living at home has become such a toxic environment for you. It must be really hard feeling like you do not have anyone that you can confide in. We know that you are not alone and that you can always talk to us about what is going on. You mentioned that you would like to find a way to move out. Unfortunately to our knowledge the only way that this can be possible is if you are declared emancipated by a judge or if Child Protective Services take away your parents’ rights. And since you mentioned that there have been verbal and physical issues at home maybe this is something that you would like to report to get CPS involved. https://www.childhelp.org/ is a site that can give you more information about defining abuse, how to report it, and what happens after reporting. As mentioned before you are not alone and we hope this information helps if you need anything else you are more than welcome to give us a call. 1-800-RUNAWAY

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Can i move out at 17 in Idaho?

Can i move out at 17 in Idaho?

Im 17 and i live in Idaho. Ive never been able to get along with my parents because of the way that they have always compared me to my brother, and also because of the way that they treat me.(Verbally/Physically) lately this problem has gotten worse between my parents and i in both areas, and its getting more and more toxic for me as I have to take supplements to sleep now and am under constant stress. My parents are the most strict people and because of that I haven't mentioned the fact that im looking to get out of there because it would unleash all hell. I dont have anyone really to reach out to because my brother is exactly like my parents, and he would not let me move in with him. can I move out, and if so, how would i do it? I would appreciate some help.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X