17 year old in germany

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 year old in germany

hi, ok so I am 17 and I live in Germany but I want to run away and live with my girlfriend who is 18. I am a u.s citizen and I have a passport and my girlfriend can pay for my plane ticket. I just want to know what can happen if my American parents are in Germany and I run away back to the u.s? can I be forced to go back home ? will they find me easily?

Hi there,
    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. While we are not legal experts, it is possible that you will run into some issues when it comes to traveling internationally as a minor. On international flights, many airlines adhere to standard unaccompanied minor procedures for all passengers who are under 18. This means that you would need permission from a parent or guardian to board the flight. Leaving without consent before is age of 18 is not permitted in most places, and your parents would have the right to make a runaway report. If a report is made, and the police find you, typically they will make arrangements to return you to your parents. Given that you are attempting to travel to another country, this may present additional challenges.
    We are so glad that you were able to reach out and talk with us a bit about the situation. If you would like to discuss your situation more in depth, please feel free to reach out to us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or via our Live Chat. We are a completely confidential hotline that is available 24 hours a day. There is always someone available to provide support, discuss options, and find resources in your area if needed.

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X