Mother withholding my legal information

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother withholding my legal information

What do i do if my mother is keeping legal paperwork from me? For example I'm about to be 18 in 20 days, and my mom will stop getting child support for me, so now she's keeping the social work paperwork that I'm supposed to fill out, with her. Isnt that illegal?

We are sorry to hear your mom is withholding critical paperwork from you. That sounds very frustrating and wrong. We aren't legal experts, so we can't say for sure whether or not her withholding paperwork from you as a 17 year old is illegal or not. We can connect you with some legal resources that may be able to handle your question or give you advice. For instance, you can go to https://www.lawhelp.org/find-help/ and click on your state to find some legal aid resources in your area. Or we can provide you with some legal aid resources in our database if you let us know what state you are in. All you'd need to do is give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us via the portal on our website www.1800runaway.org.

Other than that, you might want to talk about what's going on with a teacher or school counselor who may be able to provide assistance. Or you can even call your local police non-emergency number and ask them what your options are. Whatever happens, we are here for you -- even if you just want to vent about what's going on. We hope this situation is resolved soon so you can move forward with your life. Again, feel free to contact us anytime. We are here 24/7 and are in your corner for you.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X