Got kicked out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got kicked out

I got kicked out and i was wondering if i have to go back there if they want me to come back

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting NRS and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you with figuring out your next steps in this difficult situation. Asking for help was really responsible and smart of you. We are sorry to hear things are so unstable at home. You deserve to live somewhere that makes you feel safe and supported.

Your parents or legal guardians are legally responsible for you and have an obligation to provide for you until you reach the age of majority (18 in most states). It is not okay for them to kick you out and it can be considered neglect. You do have the right to report this to child protective services. Child Help is an organization that advocates for young people in abusive and unhealthy situations. You can contact them at 1-800-422-4453 or go to childhelphotline.org to get help making a report.

If you choose not to return home, your guardians can report you as a run away. Running away is not illegal, but it is a status offense. This means that if they know where you are staying then they can have the police return you home.

Your safety and well-being are very important. We truly want to be a support for you as you decide on your next steps. We are available 24/7 to listen and help as much as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out again by phone or chat if you would like to talk more in-depth about your situation and explore your options. 1-800-786-2929; www.1800runaway.org.

Stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X