Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sixteen I want to move in with my boyfriend

I'm 16 I wanna move in with my boyfriend I don't feel like part of a family I love my mom I love her to death and she can be sweet and can take care of me but she constantly points out flaws like how I don't clean and I can't clean right or stuff like that when the house is a little tussled (a few dishes the bed unmade and my pajamas in the floor) I really really wanna move out desperately I've tried telling her how I feel and communicating with her but she just say I don't wanna hear it and she's married to an acholic and he keeps kicking her and me out and she keeps going back to him dragging me along she won't listen to how I feel and the childsupport from my dad doesn't go to me I have no health insurance and I haven't been able to see a doctor in forever idk what to do I know I'm going to do something about my situation here soon like moving in with my boyfriends family.

Re: I'm sixteen I want to move in with my boyfriend

Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that things are so hard for you. It takes a lot of courage to reach out for help and we are glad that you reached out to us.
    It sounds like you really like your mother but things have been really difficult. You don’t deserve to be treated like that. Alcohol can in many cause major problems and effect everyone in the family. If it might be an option for you, you could call the Alcohol and Drug Helpline at 206-722-3700 and Families Anonymous at 1- 800-746-9805. You could also give these numbers to your mom if you would like. We are sorry to hear that you haven’t gotten a health check-up. There are many clinics which offer care for individuals without health insurance. You can call us at our 24 hour confidential hotline at 1-800-786-2929 and we would be happy to look up if there is a clinic near you.
    It sounds like you have been thinking of moving out to stay with your boyfriend’s family. You might want to think about how you might pay for food, and other living expenses. You may also want to check if your boyfriend’s parents are ok with you staying there and for how long. Also, while we are not legal experts, just speaking in general terms if your parents are to file a police report the police can bring you back home and whoever you are staying with could be charged with harboring a runaway.
    This sounds like a really hard time and we are here to help you through this. We wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X