Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving Home

I'm 15 years old and I'm sick of being at home. My mom is an alcoholic and overall I'm just sick of my daily routine. I'm unhappy sitting at a desk for 7 hours a day going home and going to sleep and waking up to do it all over again. I want to be able to set my own path a routine instead of being swayed by what society thinks I should do (Going to school, getting perfect grades, living with my parents, etc) I want my own adventure traveling and meeting new people, experiences new places and doing what makes me happy in life. I just don't know where to start and what I should do to prepare myself for this kind of journey.

Re: Leaving Home

Hello and thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you’re going through a lot at home right now with your mom’s issues with drinking, and it seems you’re feeling a bit drained by it all. You also seem to be feeling unhappy with what you’ve been dealt in life, and you’re looking forward to starting your own path. That is understandable to be wanting to get away from the built up stress, and often having a space to talk about things that are going on, exploring some options, as well as developing a plan of action may be helpful. If you would like to talk more about how we may be able to help or you would like some resources, please reach out by phone or chat. Also, Families Anonymous at 1-800-736-9805 may be a helpful resource for you to cope with the stress of your mom’s struggle with alcoholism.

We are here to listen and to help.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X