Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am 14 and want to live with my friend.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am 14 and want to live with my friend.

I recently had to move away from my school because my parents wanted to be closer to their jobs. At my other school, I made a bunch of friends and felt very comfortable there. There were many times when I would prefer being at school than home. But the new school is really bad, and it can't replace my friends. I've been a bit suicidal because of this. I just want to live with my friend, till I can get an apartment at 16-17 with the help of my parents. I heard that if a parent is taking care of another child just so that they can go to school, they have to pay tuition fees. I'm planning on only staying there for the rest of high school, which is public. I live in Maryland. Is this true? Can my friends' parents enroll me with my parents permission without legal paperwork?

Hey there,

We are not legal experts. as we are a national hotline. We provide resources for runaway youth or youth in crisis. These questions would be better answered by legal services or your school. Sorry we couldn't be of more help to you.

Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X