Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 15 and Bisexual

My parents areally highly religious and my mom will even say you canto have a girlfriend. I know that I have to be 18 to legally runaway buy I have a plan, but the only cavot is that I know that coming out to my family will result in me getting disowned. I want to know is there anyway I could move out without my parents still having legal rights over me without being disowned.

Re: I'm 15 and Bisexual

Hello,
    Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.
    It sounds like you are having some trouble at home and are thinking about running away. We want you to know that you are not alone and that we will do anything within our power to help you. We are not legal experts but generally speaking a person is not considered an adult until they are 18. This means that their guardians are legally responsible for them. So the parent is required by law to provide for the youth (food, shelter, school, etc.) If they fail to do so then they can face legal consequences. This also means that the youth cannot live anywhere else without parents’ consent. There are exceptions to this rule but those include getting the court involved such as emancipation or Child Protective Services removing the parent’s rights.
    Another resource that we think might be of some use to you is the GLBT National Hotline 1-888-8437386 the GLBT National Hotline is a volunteer one-to-one online chat, that helps both youth and adults with coming-out issues, safer-sex information, school bullying, family concerns, relationship problems and a lot more.
    Also if you would like you can call and talk to us. We are always here to listen. 1-800-RUNAWAY
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected]ay.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X