I wanna run away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna run away

HI so my parents homeschooled me bc I always told the school on them and I am 16 now I was wandering if I run away and I am caught by the police what will happen bc my parents say they will report me as a runaway child. Btw I am worked all summer with no choice and I aint allowed to be on social media or even allowed to see friends.

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to NRS. Asking for help was really responsible and smart of you. We are sorry to hear things at home have been stressful and isolating. You deserve to live somewhere that makes you feel safe and supported.

Leaving can be a difficult decision to make, but some young people recognize that it is the best option for them. If you do decide to leave home without permission, your parents can report you as a runaway to the police. Running away is not illegal, but it is a status offense. This means that if your parents know where you are staying then they can have you returned home by the police.

There is an organization called Child Help that advocates for young people in unsafe situations at home. Contacting them, 1-800-422-4453 ; www.childhelp.org, might help you brainstorm some options for having a trusted adult intervene and they can help you make a child abuse report if you would like to.

You can reach out again 24/7 by phone 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat 1800runaway.org to talk more about your situation and explore your options.

Stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X