Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving without telling parents

Would it be possible for me to leave home without telling my parents when I'm legally allowed to? I have some friends who are more than willing to let me move in with them when I turn 18 and are going to pick me up but knowing my parents, they won't let them despite being legally allowed to live wherever I want so I may have to leave without telling them. If I have my friends pick me up while they're sleeping, either with or without leaving a note (idk which is the better option), could they do anything to me or them? I just really need to get out.

Re: Leaving without telling parents

Hello,
    Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.
    It sounds like you have really supportive friends who are willing to help you out. Since you mentioned that you are planning on moving out when you are 18. At that age you are considered a legal adult which means that you can move out if you want to and you won’t be considered a runaway. As a legal adult, you have a right to make your own decisions about where you live.
    Another thing you might want to consider is what kinds of things you depend on your parents for currently such as tuition expenses for school, or health insurance, and whether they would continue to provide those things after you leave.
    We are here to listen and help however we can.1-800-RUNAWAY
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X