I want to move to my moms house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to move to my moms house

hi im 17 and I live with my dad. the house with my dad has become a very hostile environment. I have become depressed and just not myself. I want to move to my moms house but it is 900 miles away and the custody agreement says I am here until I graduate but that's not for another year and a half.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like your situation at home with your dad is really affecting your mental health. We know it takes a lot of courage to reach out and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
    You mentioned you’ve been experiencing some depression and don’t feel like yourself. Your mental health is important. You are not alone. Sometimes it can be helpful to reach out to trusted friends, family, school staff, or a school counselor to share what’s going on and talk through everything that you’re dealing with. The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is a resource which can connect you with mental health resources at 1-800-950-6264. You can also text NAMI to 741-741 to connect with a trained crisis counselor to receive 24/7 crisis support. You can visit their website at www.nami.org for more information.

Here at NRS, we are not legal experts. The easiest way to leave home is with your dad’s permission. If your mom does not have custody of you and you leave home to go live with her, she could be charged with harboring a runaway and violating the custody agreement.
    If you would like to approach a conversation with your dad about how the environment at home is affecting you and discuss possibly moving, one resource we have here at NRS is our conference call service. If you call us directly, we can mediate a conference call to help open up a dialogue and allow you to express your feelings in a safe space.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All our best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X