• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Re: I'm 16 please help

Hey,

We are glad you reached out, it sounds like you are going through a difficult situation and its understandable you would consider leaving home as an option. It looks like you are working hard between going to school and taking additional classes, and working all weekend long and it must be pretty exhausting. It can’t be easy having your mom take your money and you witness her spending it on things like shoes, or having your parents not feed you. You don’t deserve to go to bed hungry, and if you feel as if your basic needs are being neglected (food, shelter) from your parents, you have the right to file a child abuse report. One resource that is helpful in providing support and information on child abuse reporting is Child Help USA, this is an information hotline that can answer any questions you have on child abuse reporting and neglect. You mentioned you have been going through this for years, that is a long time and we are here to support you in whatever decision you make. While we are not legal experts we can provide you with some general information on leaving home before age 18. In the United States parents have the option to file a runaway report to report youth who leave home without permission before age 18. Running away is a status offence, meaning it is illegal to do because of your age but you cannot be arrested or charged for it. If the police were to pick you up as a runaway they would likely return you home to your legal guardians. Another thing to consider is that whoever a runaway is staying with, like a friend or another family member, could be arrested for harboring a runaway which is a misdemeanor offence. It sounds like you are in a really tough situation, and we are here to support you in whatever decision you make. If you would like to talk more in depth about your situation we are here to talk 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY where you can remain confidential.

NRS

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest started a topic I'm 16 please help

I'm 16 please help

I know this seems to be every teenagers wish. To leave home.... However, its not the rules, or the lack of freedom that I am being given, its the fact that I go to school, I take high school and college classes and go to work afterwards.. On weekends I work 11 hour shifts all weekend long, and come home being told ' oh you need to clean and do this'.. I work very hard to keep my grades up, and work very hard at my job... My mom has constantly been bumming money from me since i have had this job.. I don't mind to help, but she doesn't even have a job, she also doesn't do anything in the house. I have to do all of that.. The money I give her, I have seen her buy nothing but shoes with. There's many nights i have came home from work and they were eating and said "Oh i hope you ate at work because we didn't get you anything" Many times I went to bed on an empty stomach, and it's very hard not to say anything. That aside, most of the time I am ignored.. I have been going through this for years, and I feel that my 18th birthday is just too far away to wait this out.. Thank you for reading, please help me.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
x
x
Working...
X