Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 15 and wanna move

hello, I am a 15 year old girl, I use to live with my mother and my 2 brothers and 2 sister and my moms ex fiancé I moved out when i was 12 because I did not like the way my mothers fiancé treated me . I moved in with my father then my mother and siblings moved out 2 months later because her fiancé was an alcoholic. Ever since I have moved I have had many issues with depression and behavior issues. I live with my father and step mother and they are very strict ! I've been living here for about 3 years now and I still have no connection with my father and my step mother sometimes is understanding. I am a teenager and yes I do dumb things but anything that I do my father says "what the ********s wrong with you" like he told my mother I need therapy because I watch tv all day! my point is I want to move out because I am lonely and always sad. I was always use to having my siblings around to talk to and I was never bored , I have anxiety and literally all I ever do is go to school come home and lay in bed all day because my dad does not let me do anything! I have a boyfriend and he is 17, and has a kid on the way . My father will not let me leave my house because he does not want me around him he won't even let me go to my own mothers house cause he thinks I will go meet up with my boyfriend ! When I lived with my mother she would let me do things during the day with friends as long as I come home or tell her what I'm doing or where I'm at! all summer I stayed at my mothers and was the happiest ever! she would let me see my boyfriend during the day , I haven't seen my boyfriend in 3 weeks ever since school started because my dad traps me in the house so I cry all day. I was suppose to move in with my mother this past summer but she said no , I don't know what to do ! I have tried to talk to them and tell them I am unhappy and they just say this is what's best for you..my mother does anything my dad says and it makes me so angry! my mom said I could come over this weekend and my father said I am grounded and cannot go to my mothers , can my father keep me from seeing my mother? Another thing is I get treated so much differently then my 2 other older siblings my sisters 17 and my brothers 16 and my mother lets them do whatever as long as she is told what is going on..like any other parent but with me my dad just says I can't be trusted blah blah blah , I just want to see my boyfriend and mother and siblings because there the only people who make me the happiest I am not happy living with my father and step mother I hate it! They treat me like I'm 5! since both of my parents want me living here I don't know what to do cause I want out! My boyfriend is moving out in 2 weeks with his sister she is 20, he said I could go live with them if I wanted , would I be allowed too? I just want to get out I have been thinking about running away but i know my father will call the cops..and I would get in so much trouble I just want to be happy and don't know what to do please help!
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 09-24-2016, 12:48 AM.

Reply: I'm 15 and wanna move

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like things have not been going well for you living with your father and step mother. That’s too bad. We understand your frustration with the situation.
    Perhaps you might ask your mother about any visitation rights that may have been agreed upon between her and your father. If she has not given up guardianship rights of you she may have a legal claim to see you. As to you being legally able to move out to live with your boyfriend since you are only 15 mostly likely your father would have to approve it.
    It sounds like there are some trust issues between you and your father and you confessed to making some mistakes in your post.

What do you think has to change in order to gain some level of trust with your father?
    If we understand correctly it seems your relationship with your boyfriend has something to do with your fathers decisions when it comes to you having some freedom to do things.
    Seeing him sounds pretty important to you.

What do you feel would be an option that might help in this situation?

If you would like to talk more about this you can give us a call at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929).
    Live chat with NRS at www.1800Runaway.org.
    You did a good job reaching out tonight.

Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X