Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting medications as a runaway

I'm greatly considering running away, I've thought about it for years and I'm about at my end. I am on one medication though, and I was wondering if there's any way I'd be able to get it if I was a runaway? If not I'll manage, but it'd be nice if so. I don't need to it live or anything, but it is something that helps me. I'm at the point where I don't really care if I can or can't, even if it helps me I'm so tired of being here that I'd rather go without it than stay here

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to contact NRS. Making the decision to leave home can be a difficult one, but you do not have to do it alone. It is really responsible of you to search for information about being able to access your medication in the event you decide to leave home. We are not medical experts, but from what we know you are able to pick up and fill most prescriptions as a minor. However, you would have to pay for your medication and any needed doctors visits on your own since your parents or guardians might cut you off financially if you choose to leave. If you are on insurance now that helps cover your medical costs, the cost for everything would increase significantly if leaving prevented you from using your insurance. This is something to keep in mind while considering leaving home. Your health is very important to us and it might be helpful to think of possible consequences for you well-being if you are not able access your medications. Not taking your medication might result in side effects and other health problems that could put you at risk. With this in mind, you know better than anyone if the leaving is the best option for you.

We truly want to be a support for you while you navigate this challenging time. We want to talk more in detail with you about your situation, so that we can better support you and help you brainstorm your options. You can contact us 24/7 by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at www.1800runaway.org. We are here to listen and help as much as possible.

Be safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X