Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running to my dads

My parents are divorced. My mom has me living with her but her and her boyfriend physically abuse me at times. I want to run to my dads but I don’t know if my mom presses for a custody battle if that will hurt his claim. Both of my siblings and I have considered suicide because of her and the only thing stopping us is not wanting to leave them alone with her.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like things at home are tough for you. It takes a lot of courage to come forward and share you story, so we commend you for your bravery.
    It is important you know that you do not deserve to be physically abused, nor should you have to live an environment where you feel unsafe. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 (www.childhelp.org) is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You mention wanting to run away to Dad’s. This is something you can do at any time, but your Mom can call the police, and this can result in harboring charges for your Dad if he does not have custody over you. If you ever want to talk about the specifics of running away, we are here for you. We know that this is an incredibly difficult time, and that thoughts of suicide can come up. You are not alone. You can always reach out to us, or to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

Again, thank you for reaching out. We hope you find some of this information useful. We are here to listen and help 24/7 if ever you need more. Best of luck on your journey.

Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X