No announcement yet.

Can I get Medical Treatment?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can I get Medical Treatment?

    Im pretty sure I have pneumonia and need to go to a hospital, but my friend who works there told me they would call CPS if I tried.

    I was taken by DSS and placed into Foster Care, I ended up in a group home and its just not a good place for me, so I ran away. Im taken care of but ive been sick 2 weeks now and its getting worse and im having chest pains. I need a doctor but im pretty sure since im a minor and in DSS custody theyll call. What are my options?

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. We are so sorry that you are so sick and also that the group home that you were in was not a good place for you.
    We are not legal experts, and since we don’t know what state you are in, we can’t even google the topic. But if you have the benefit of your state’s health care, the main concern of the hospital (being paid) will be one hurdle you won’t have to face. you can google “minor’s consent for healthcare, and your state’s name. That will help you begin to know your options.
    Also, you can reach out to us either by phone at 1800-786-2929 (1800-RUNAWAY) or through live chat via and we will do our best to help you.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Sincerely, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp