Moving with a dog no money, no job, no place to stay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving with a dog no money, no job, no place to stay

I just want to know what do... My family and I moved from Minnesota to Missouri. I didn't want to move, from the start, but since my parents spent time making sure my dreams happened r got started, I came to help them get there new dream started, but now I am starting to regret it. It has been 5 months since we've down and I still don't know anyone in town. I had a job that I though was going really well, but i guess it wasn't because I got fired, 1.5 months ago, and I can't find a new one. I have applied for at least 15 jobs and not a single one has called me in for an interview.

I miss my home in MN, SO BAD, but because I'm 18 and was a super busy athlete in High School I have no money except to make the trip to MN with my dog, I'd need my parents to pay my car insurance and phone bill until I can get on my feet again, but I don't think they will. If I left after Christmas I'm not sure where I'd stay, and I'm not sure if I'd have a job by then or not in MN.

I want SO BADLY to talk to my parents about it, but there's NO WAY they'd let me go up without a place to stay, and they HATE the idea of me "camping out" at friends houses because it is an inconvenience to their parents and semi-disrespectful to them. I just don't know what to do!!

PLEASE HELP!! I NEED ADVICE WITH WHAT TO DO!!!

Hello! Thank you so much for reaching out. We appreciate you seeking help.

You mentioned that you thought you had a stable job, and now you’re actively seeking employment do to that lost. You want to move back to Minnesota as well, but are scarred that your family will not help you out financially, and don’t have a secure plan in mind yet. You’re really brave for going through all of that, and we want you to know that you’re not alone.

An option to explore would be to sit down with your parents, and let them know what you are thinking of doing for your future plans. Keeping an open communication with your parents, may help them realize that you’re actively trying to have a tactic in place, and they can point you in the right direction on what to do next. Along those same lines, you can look for shelters in Minnesota and get their phone number as well as address through the homelessshelterdirectory.org. If you ever feel like your safety is at risk, you can text the word safe and your location to 44357. The national safe place will text you a location to go to, and a crisis worker may go out to further assist you.

Again, thank you so much for reaching out. You’re really brave for seeking help during this difficult time. If you need additional resources, or want us to call on your behalf, please feel free to reach out to us anytime 24/7 at 1800) 786-2929. Best of luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X