Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 and need to leave

Im 16 years old from Louisiana. I want to move in with other family (they already said ok), but my parents dont like my other family. Ive just about had it with my parents. they dont trust me, they are emotionally abusive, they CONSTANTLY pick fights, and blame every single thing on me. If I leave Im afraid I would get in trouble, but I dont think I can wait another year until Im 17 to leave.. I dont know what to do and im just done..

Re: 16 and need to leave

If you have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

no one responded to my email. its been almost 3-4 hours... im just impatient sorry

Comment

Hi there,

Often, youth may reach out to NRS in several different ways to discuss their situation. If a response from NRS is not visible to a bulletin posting it may be that we have already provided services to that individual through another platform we provide such as email, our crisis hotline, or our live chat service (in operation every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST). NRS encourages anyone in need of assistance to contact us through our 24 hour crisis hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY to receive immediate support.
        We do our best to answer emails in a timely manner, but emails are answered in the order that they are received.

Thank you,
        NRS

If ever you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance from your local police, fire department, or emergency hospital immediately.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
        x
        x
        Working...
        X