Collapse
No announcement yet.

im 15 and wanting to run away

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever since I was adopted, I've gotten into trouble many times. I once drew pictures of everyone in my family when I was 6 and when my mum got angry at me I ripped them up. My mother will get angry at me for anything really, it's no surprise to me that by now as I'm 15, I don't want to be here. When I was younger my plan was to run away one day, but even when I would go walk our dog, my parents thought I ran away and they were going to call the police. Recently, my mother has been saying things to me such as "you're trying to turn my children against me" and "all you do is start problems" but it's becoming a daily thing. I have looked into student exchange programs just to get away for even a year, but they're too expensive. When I'm 18 I'm moving out and I am going to cut the ties I have with this family. But for the time being, I could use some tips. I never talk back to my mother when she says things to me that aren't true and I learned that I have to be wherever they say. For example I used to be in my room all of the time, but then my mother would get angry at me, but when I'm downstairs with her she gets mad at me. She makes me feel scared to ask anything but her motto is "if you want nything out of life, you have to ask" but even when I ask, she turns me down. On a rare good day, she will say yes, I'm thankful for the good days. I'm just living here, I have a roof over my head and a bed to sleep in, food too. I know that people have it worse than I do, but it's not an enjoyable place to live, I don't feel worth anything, I feel like everyone here is a stranger to me. I often wonder if there's anything I can do about it, or temporary solutions.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us. We know it can be overwhelming when you don’t know where to turn. It sounds like you don’t like living at home and you feel unsupported by your family. Everyone deserves to feel comfortable in their home. Sometimes when you feel uncomfortable at home, it can be helpful to reach out to people you trust. For example, talking to a friend or a school counselor. They might be able to offer support. If you feel like you can’t get along with your mom, reaching out to other family members you trust might be helpful.
      Again, thank you for reaching out. It takes courage to ask for help. If you would like to talk about your situation further, don’t hesitate to call us. We are 24/7 and confidential. You can call us at 1-800-786-2929. We’re here to help, here to listen.

• im 14 and wanting to leave i dont like the drama its getting really old

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for contacting us through our online forum. It sounds like a really stressful situation at home filled with drama. Home is a place where you should feel safe and comfortable. It’s understandable that you would want to leave that environment.

There’s a lot to think about when leaving home. Do you have anyone who would be willing to let you stay with them? How do you think your parents would react to you leaving? As a minor, some things to keep in mind are that your parents could file a runaway report with the police. In this case, if you are picked up by the police, they could return you home. It’s also good to keep in mind that anyone you stay with could be at risk for harboring a runaway. Fortunately running away doesn’t usually have any legal consequences, but harboring is often considered a misdemeanor.

We do hope that you reach out to us through phone at 1-800-786-2929 or chat to discuss your situation in more detail. Our goal is to help you find ways to stay safe. We would be happy to look up resources in your area, talk with you about your options, or just listen to what you’re going through.

Stay strong,
      NRS

• I am wanting to run away but i really done know where to go my family treats me diffrent form everyone else i just need to go far and as fast as i can but im really not wanting to but i think it would be best but im already in court over behavior issues what do i do

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that your family has been treating you in a way that you find unfair to the point of feeling like you need to leave. We’re not aware of the specifics about what you are in court for, but it could be risky for you to run away if you already have issues with the police or courts. We would love to discuss with you what exactly is going on and what potential solutions there are to your problems. If you are interested in talking about the particulars of your situation, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on our 24/7 hotline 1-800-786-2929 or on chat at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,
      NRS

• Hey I'm needing some help I'm 15 and I live with my dad because I don't get on with my mum I've had family problems ever since I was 3 or 4 my mums done thing that make me not want to live with her but me and my dad don't get on to well we always fall out because when he tells me to do thing I take my time and he really doesn't like it so he screams in my face hits me and tells me he's going to kick ******** out of me so anytime he has a bad day or is in a bad mood he takes it out on me so ii really wanna run away I have family I could stay with but I don't wanna so I need ur help

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thank you for your message. It sounds like you’re having a difficult time at home. You don’t deserve to have anyone scream in your face, hit you, or threaten you. You do not deserve to have anyone take their bad mood out on you. It’s unfair and hurtful. We encourage you to talk with adults you trust about what has been going on if you feel comfortable doing so. Those adults could be teachers, guidance counselors, coaches, or even police. Based on your message, it seems like you are not based in the United States. Here at NRS, we are only familiar with runaway laws in the US. To find a helpline more familiar with the laws in your country, you can follow this link: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/ .
      We wish you the best of luck. Stay safe and stay strong!
      --NRS

• I’m 15 and hate being home (female) . My mom is a snobby ********** treats me like dirt and I’m sick of it I’m tired of her bs . My bf said to live with him and his family but idk if his mom will allow it . I need help

Comment

• ccsmod8
      ccsmod8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there –

Thank you for taking the time out of your day in order to reach out for help on our public forum. Reading through your post it certainly sounds like you are going through a very hard time at home. No one deserves to be treated like dirt or anything less than a human being. We are so sorry to hear that is happening to you. You should feel love and support from your mother.

Only you know yourself when it’s time to leave home due to it being an unsafe situation and no one but you can make that decision for you, not even here. It sounds like you might some specific questions that you want to ask us or maybe find a place to vent about what you are feeling right now. It’s hard to talk to just anyone one about what has been going on. One thing that may be helpful for you is to possibly note when the fighting/yelling is happening or any triggers of the fighting/yelling (some examples would be like after your abuser comes from work or after dinner and/or right when you get home) and to try to find things that can keep yourself away from home during those times (after school programs, sports program, study group at a friend’s house, getting involved in volunteering, etc).

If you need to talk more about what is going on between you and your mother we might be able to offer help or just give you some support in the matter. Don’t be afraid to reach out for help from us or anyone that you trust.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X