Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dony wanna live at home anymore and i feel mistreated

My brother has been having this friend that comes over alot and my parents are showing more love to my little sister and brother and his friend i just wanna runaway to live with my friend

RE: I dony wanna live at home anymore and i feel mistreated

Hello There!

Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline – we’re glad you found us. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for support, and you’ve been very courageous to do so. It sounds like you’re going through a lot at home right now and are feeling unappreciated by your family. Everyone deserves to feel loved and happy at home, and it’s great that you have your good friend as a support when times at home are stressful.

It may be helpful to talk with your parents about how they’ve been making you feel, as they may not realize how their words and actions are affecting you. We know these conversations can be scary and sometimes youth don’t feel like their parents are really hearing them when they bring up these important issues. If you want support in this conversation, we’d be happy to help via our conference call service. We would be a neutral third party and would help facilitate a phone conversation between you and a parent, making sure everyone is respectful and that they’re hearing your concerns. Perhaps there is another sibling, family member or someone at school who could act in this role and help you talk to them as well. Another option could be writing them a letter to tell them how you’re feeling.
    We’re here for you on chat or 24/7 on the phone to help you through your plan. If that plan does involve running away, we’re here to support you in staying safe and in thinking through the many considerations that come up as you make that big decision. We’re on your team whatever you decide. Stay strong!

Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X