Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving out at 16

I'm 16 years old and my mother mentally abuses me. I feel that I'm not loved and she's told me to pack my things and leave more than a few times. And my moms basicly keeping me under house arrest is there anyways for me to leave?

Re: Moving out at 16

Hi there,

Thank you for writing on NRS forums. It sounds like home life has been stressful and difficult for you. Everyone deserves to live in a supportive and caring environment. You mentioned that your mother abuses you. You do not deserve to be mistreated by anyone. Sometimes verbal/emotional abuse can be reported to CPS. If this is something you would like to look into or learn more about you may call or visit Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453, www.childhelp.org.

The feeling of not being loved can often bring on a variety of emotions such as anger, hurt, disappointment, and isolation. It also seems you may be confused by your mother’s words versus her actions. While she told you to pack and leave on various occasions, it seems she is forcing you to stay home all of the time. You’re wondering what you can do to leave this situation. We cannot tell you directly what you should do, but we’re here to identify what it is that you would like to do and where you might want to go. A parent or guardian usually must give permission for a minor to live elsewhere; however, every situation is different and handled uniquely. Perhaps you have a trusted family member or friend you may stay with for a while just to get away from your home environment. Perhaps going to a runaway/youth shelter may be something you would consider. We are here to explore safe and realistic options with you. Sometimes just having a space to vent things out and clear your mind can bring on a variety of solutions on its own. If you feel there is nobody you can turn to for support- we’re here. We will do our best to connect you with the support you need and deserve.

You are not alone in this. We’re here to listen and to help.

Be safe and take care,
    NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod6; 08-03-2016, 07:12 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X