Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im 17 and want to move out or at least stay somewhere else i need a break.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im 17 and want to move out or at least stay somewhere else i need a break.

Im 17 years old and all my life ive been unable to do many things. I cant have friends over i cant stay with a friend i cant do extra curicular activities for school i can do personal things that i need to do. Im so frustrated and fed up ive already tried commiting suicide 3 times and i woke up everytime. I want to leave. My parents are divorced and im stuck between 2 religions. And i feel ashamed about what i do in my life. I feel ashamed for wanting things wanting friends wanting a job. Wanting freedom ive tried talking to my parents but they make me feel bad. They say things like "what happened to the good little girl" or "what the **** is wrong with you" whenever i want something or i want to see someone its a big deal. I sleep all day and i have to stay away from everybody because i get so stressed out from family that i cant control my thoughts and i have the sudden urge to act on them. Its getting really hard for me to hold my self back. Ive been trying to see a therapist but no one will take me. My mom is sick and my dad dosnt believe in things like that. I dont know what to do anymore. My family is messed up. Everything i do i feel bad doing it. Even taking a walk outside to breath fresh air i get introuble for everything. I really cant take it i want to leave. My own family scorns me for wanting to live my life im getting older and i havent done any normal teenage things like having a little fun seeing friends or doing something creative. Because of this i turned to a sneaky brat doing things i shouldnt. And im tired of feeling like i stress my mom out always telling me that shes going to get stressed out because of me wanting something 💔 Im so tired of this she makes me feel like im going to be the reason of her death all the time. Everything i do or want is a problem even if its a good thing. Parents shouldnt be doing this to their children. I want to stay somewhere else for a couple days or move out i cant take this anymore. Im trying to wait until im 18 but i cant handle it. She always threatens me that shes going to tell my dad and im so afraid of disappointment im a disappointment already i cant take anymore shame or guilt or embarrassment. I feel like i have so much on my shoulders and im just a kid this isnt right for me ive felt this way since i was younger the first time i cut myself i was 13 im tired of being unhappy and being told i should be happy im alive. I live in michigan. I want to leave i want to be free before i take on actual adult responsibilties i just want to live with some actual good teen memories. Im so unhappy. My childhood went down the drain and so is my teenage dreams. I dont know what to do or who to go to. I dont want to get my parents introuble i just want peace and happiness can i please have some guidence.. Something?!

Re: Im 17 and want to move out or at least stay somewhere else i need a break.

Hey there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems you’ve been through a lot at home and have reached a breaking point. If you’re feeling unsafe and need a safe place to go and talk to someone, you may wish to visit The National Safeplace website (www.nationalsafeplace.org). This organization provides access to immediate help and supportive resources for youth in need. You can look up your city and state to see if there are any safe places near you listed. So that is always an option if you feel like talking to someone in person about what has been going on or if you just need of a safe place to stay.

You may use your phone to text the word “safe” and your current location (city/state/zip) to 69866. If there are safe places and shelters nearby, a list of those will be sent to your phone and you may have the option to text back and forth with a trained counselor as well.

You also mentioned some issues of concern with previous suicide attempts. You matter and your life matters. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

Please reach out soon by phone or chat so that we can help you more directly.

Be safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X