Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running away

I've run away before and I was gone for about 2 weeks, my parents found me and made me come home. If I run away again are there any transportation services that cater to teen run aways? If not can I buy a bus ticket or a plane ticket without getting sent back home? If I manage to get to my safe place what charges could be placed against my care giver and could they face jail time if I get caught at their house? I already have a plan to leave because my parents are threatening to kick me out for being trans, so no matter what I'm leaving. But before I do I want to make sure I will be safe and I won't get any one in trouble.

Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear you are struggling so much at home. It takes a lot of bravery to accept who you are in our culture and it is disappointing that your parents are not recognizing or accepting of that. Unfortunately, we do not know of any transportation service that helps kids run away. Depending on your age and state, if you did manage to get to your safe place, your parents could file a runaway report and attempt to charge the person you were staying with with harboring a runaway. This would be more difficult for them to do if they did not know where you were. We would be happy to give you more specific information if you are willing to have a more in depth conversation about your situation with us. If you are interested, please don’t hesitate to call us on our 24/7 hotline or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X