No announcement yet.

im 21 with a legal guardian and have a child

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • im 21 with a legal guardian and have a child

    and need help my dads temper is out of control he smashed in a door and and almost killed me he uses pressure points and lies and hes just getting worse he wont stop i need to find a place to go and safety with my daughter and i dont want my kid taken away from me and i hate my dad and i cant stand him anymore and im from a broken home and i need a place to go and my kid i want her to be safe too though my dad is my guardian and im on probation and i dont want him to find me if i run away with my kid and i know heyll try to find me and kill me if he catches me and i know it im 21 going on 22 and need help and a place to go too and some food what should i do ? im packing my bags and will be leaving when i can im getting out of here with my kid i need to protect my baby girl and myself so im doing this for the better of me.

  • #2
    Re: im 21 with a legal guardian and have a child

    Thanks for posting again. We just responded to your first post, but wanted to clarify a few things based on some of the new information you wrote in this post! First, you mentioned that your dad is your legal guardian. Do you know how long he is supposed to be your legal guardian for? How did he end up continuing to be your legal guardian after you turned 18? You also mentioned that you’re on probation. Have you considered turning to your probation officer for assistance in safely leaving your father? We imagine that it may be “illegal” for you to leave your dad’s house because of the fact you’re on probation. However, if the PO knew what you were going through at home, they may be able to arrange for you to stay in another approved safe place (such as a shelter). These are absolutely additional barriers to you leaving, but regardless you don’t deserve to be living in a home when your father is treating you the way he is.

    It may be helpful to speak with someone with a legal background to discuss your legal options and rights. Obviously, even if your dad is your LG and you are on probation, it does not mean he has the right to hurt you. You still deserve to live in a home free from violence. We’d be happy to provide you with a legal aid number for your area if you’re able to let us know a city and state to search in. All the resources we posted in our first response may still be able to assist you. Out hotline is always available if you’re able to call. We want to help you the best you can. It’s important to know though, that we’re not lawyers and can’t give you legal advice on what to do. We also can’t physically assist you in leaving home, but we may be able to put you in contact with a local organization that could. Someone is always available here and at the domestic violence hotline (1-800-799-7233). Good luck and stay safe.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp