• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply: About to be homeless

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

You raise an interesting question in regards to being considered a runaway if your family is homeless with no place to go.
    We are not legal experts but you might consider contacting the police in your area and presenting your situation to them.
    We can assist you if you’d like. Give us a call at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) and we can conference a call to the police department in your area and pose a question about your situation in a hypothetical sense.
    You can listen to whatever answer they may have.

The other side of your situation is that you said your mother approves of the idea.
    Is it possible she would give you her permission in writing?
    This would help make your case that you did not run away but in fact have her permission to be there.
    Does that make sense?

We look forward to assisting you.

Take Care,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest started a topic about to be homeless

about to be homeless

Hello, I am a 16 year old girl, and I turn 17 in a month. My family was staying with my grandfather, but he is evicting us. We have 5 days to find a place or sleep on the streets, both my father is unemployed and my mother can hardly support herself (they are separated) and I have the only income. My boyfriend/best friends mother has offered me an unlimited stay but my father doesn't want me to go, my mother approves. If we are put on the streets, is it still running away if I stay with him, or no because I have no home to run away from? Can I legally live with them without consequences from my parents
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X