No announcement yet.

I'm 15 and want to move out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a 15 year old lad, and I have had a bad time like most people on this site.
    I've been going through a tough time at home and get into alot of issues with my brother and "mother" after coming to the conclusion i want to go to a new school for a fresh start I've thought to myself, its be better for me and my "mother" if I go into care or find somewhere else I can live.
    I have done many runners so runaway helpline probably already knows me quite well but I am going to end up going missing completely if I dont get somewhere else to go because my family is to much. Today I phoned the police because we got into an altercation I hurt my brother and he nearly checked me out.
    I regret hurting him as it was out of anger but hes even said he doesn't regret it he ment it.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.
      Take care,
      NRS

i need 2 be somewhere else i am 15 and a female i wanna be with me biological mum. i hate me foster parents

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your guardian’s permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your guardians. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

I've been living a nightmare. My parents don't care about what i do to myself. I've hurt myself and they've just seemed embarrassed of me, they did not offer me help or anything, they didn't care. My parents are always yelling and freaking out on me, i try to be the kid they want but nothing is ever good enough for them. One time i spilled icecream in the freezer and my dad freaked out on me. My freinds see that my parents treat me like ******** too, i just really need to get out of this place beacuse my parents cause me stress and have given me anger issues that at this point i can't control anymore. I tried talking to them about it but my mom denied everything and was telling me that im the bad kid and if they would have had me first then they wouldn't have had my sister. They dont ever try help me they dont really care about me. i really need to move out i can handle the heart aching pain anymore. Please help me im 15 so im trying everything that would help me move out. I have no family members to live with because they dont have that much money to support me. My bestfriends parent's treat me so well, they act more like a real parent towards me. Please respond back i really need help as soon as possible please and thank you.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi and thanks for posting here. It sounds like things are really difficult at home and are taking quite a toll on you, given how your parents have been reacting to your pain and hurting yourself. We are glad you reached out!
      You mentioned hurting yourself. There is a website twloha.com that has resources, information and blog posts written by people who have been there. You can also always reach out to the National Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255, suicidepreventionlifeline.org for support 24/7 as well.
      NAMI also has a texting crisis line at 741-741 for additional support. We here at NRS care about your safety and our hotline (1-800-786-2929) and our live chat through this website are also open 24/7 so feel free to reach out anytime!

You mentioned your parents have been unsupportive of you and you do not have any other extended family. We are glad your friend's parents are helpful. We do offer conference calling with parents to make sure you feel heard and to advocate for you on the phone. You know your situation best, so if you think this will be helpful, feel free to call us anytime. Sometimes having an outsider can be helpful. Perhaps your friend's parents could help talk to yours too.

We also have many resources in our database for different services: shelters, counseling, community centers. If you are interested in more resources, feel free to call or live chat us and we can help you directly!

You have shown a lot of strength in reaching out today. Be safe and contact us again anytime!

Hi i’m a 15 year old male and for the past few years since we’ve moved i’ve been suffering with depression. I try my hardest to interact and show appreciation to my family but I can’t do it anymore. No matter what I do they can’t stand it. They said they are at the point where they can’t stand me and want me out. They say i’m faking my depression and they have been tearing my confidence down everyday to the point where I am exhausted everyday. I have no more energy and now they are telling me that i’m making myself sad. I’ve talked to them about possibly moving out with a family member or maybe even a friend but they won’t let me. I honestly think the only reason they keep me here is to clean and do their work. They say they want me out but won’t let me leave. I need to leave. I told them that when i’m 16 i’m leaving to go stay with a friend in California since it’s legal but they said they’re going to stop me. I have no freedom here. I have ten more months until i’m 16 and I don’t think I can last. I’ve been having suicidal thoughts for a while but I can’t bring it up because they always shut me down. Is there any loophole in this where I can legally leave and they can’t make me come back?

Comment

Thank you for reaching out to us. We want you to know that we believe you and are here to listen and to help you. Your situation sounds very stressful, especially when they don’t believe you. It’s also really hard and confusing when they want you out, but won’t let you leave. You have been very brave – brave for reaching out and asking for help, and brave for surviving this, even if your situation is causing you to have suicidal thoughts. We want you to know that you matter to us and that your life matters to us.
      Unfortunately there isn’t a loophole involving the information you gave us, but each situation is unique and complex and if you can reach out to us, we can help you discover the options that you do have. You can also reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255

You can also talk to us about what you are feeling and going through. We hope that you can reach out either via our telephone hotline, 1-800-runaway (1-800-786-2929) or through our live chat though the website 1800runaway.org So that we can talk about what you are going through. We are here for you, to listen and help.

We wish you the best.
      Sincerely,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X