Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving in with my dad

I want to move with my dad cause I dont want to live with my mom anymore. I am 19 and I know I can make the decision but I dont want to get in a fight with my mom or hurt her feelings( even though it will). I am still figuring out how to tell her

Hi there,

You sound very considerate of your mom's feelings. In most states, you can move out at 19 so there probably shouldn't be any concerns legally for what you want to do. Maybe giving some thought to how you want to approach your mom about moving out is a good idea. Perhaps you can write some notes to yourself about how you can phrase things in such a way that won't be offensive to her. You can also think about how she might respond, and how you will respond to what she says.

If you'd like to give us a call to talk a bit more about this, feel free to reach out to us. We can even do a conference call with your mom and you on the line if you'd like some support in the conversation. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat with us via our website at www.1800runaway.org.

Hope it goes well. Good luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X