No announcement yet.

Emancipation or something

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod15

    Thank you so much for sharing you situation. It sounds like what you’re going through is stressful, but reaching out for help means you have already taken the first step towards taking control of your circumstances. Nobody should be subjected to verbal abuse, and it is completely understandable that you’d want to leave for somewhere that you feel safe and welcomed. It’s also great that you have such a good friend who can help you through these things, as well as a boyfriend and another parent who can assist you.

    Regarding the question of emancipation, we want to first acknowledge that we are not legal experts at the NRS. That said, we do have some info regarding emancipation in California. In general, emancipation is not quick, and usually requires some steps to be taken on your part. In California, any person under the age of 18 is considered to be emancipated who has (a) has entered into a valid marriage, (b) is on active duty with the armed forces of the United States, or (c) has received a declaration of emancipation. In order to achieve option (c), you must have the consent of your parent or guardian, in addition to living on your own and having your own source of income. In other words, unless you want to get married or join the military, you will likely need a job, an apartment, and your mom’s permission.

    We want to reiterate that we are not legal experts. If emancipation is something you feel strongly about pursuing, we encourage you to consult with legal services. If you’d like referrals for legal services in your area, or if you’d just like to discuss your situation in greater detail, please feel free to call us anytime at 1-800-786-2929. We are toll-free and available 24/7. You are also welcome to instant message with us through our website at

    Thanks again for sharing your situation. We wish you the best of luck, and want to help however we can.

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic Emancipation or something

    Emancipation or something

    hello... my mom is um... verbally abusive and um I just can’t take it anymore and I really just wanna give up.... I have my best friend that helps me through everything and I also have a boyfriend.... I kinda left them behind and left to my dads without telling anyone...... I was wondering if I could get.... um some type of anything so I don’t have to ever see my mom again..... Nobody has full custody over me.... and the area my mom lives in is where everything I love is at.... ... I’m 16 and I live in California.... well my dad lives in Nevada which is where I’m at rn..... is there any way I could get emancipated easly and not really have to go anything and... be quick about it..... my mom is trying to find me and I’m scared of her..... please someone try and help
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp