14; want to get out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14; want to get out

I’m 14, and I’m really close to turning 15. I live in Florida, and I want to get away to North Carolina. I have some friends there that I’m worried about, and I want to stay in NC. I’m not sure how to do this without being reported as missing. My mom would never let me go if I asked. Neither would my dad. (they’re divorced) everyone who’s met my mom has said something is wrong with her. I’m not abused, but everyone questions the way she thinks and does things. Please help me get to NC

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are really concerned about your friend. Maybe you could talk to your parents about going there for a vacation. Since you are a minor, if you leave your household, your parents could file a runaway report. If they decide to do this and they locate at your friends place, your friend could be charged with harboring a runaway. It’s tough not being able to help your friend when they are in trouble but sometimes just talking to them a little more often can help if you know they are having a rough time. We actually don’t provide transportation to help someone runaway. We do have lots of resources that we could provide you with if you want to find some safe places to go if you do decide to runaway. It’s really important to have a detailed plan of where you would go and how you plan on surviving if you runaway to a different state. If you ever want to talk to someone about your options you can contact us at 1800-Runaway. If you just want to talk to someone about what’s going on at home and the stress of not being able to be present for your friend you can contact NAMI by texting 741741. Best of luck with everything!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X