Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

Hi I live in southern CA. I am 12 years old and I am in 7th grade. My dad past away when I was 3 and it's only me and my mom. My mom yells at me , calls me bad names and it makes me wish I was never born . I have nobody to talk to because most of my family speaks Chinese and I can only speak English and a little Spanish one time my mom told me to " get out of my house and go die" I almost committed suicide. Every night my pillow is wet with tears and my head is filled with thoughts of running away. I even started packing. One time my mom threw a TENNIS RACKET at me. She missed because I ducked out of the way. I can't call the runaway phone number thing because my mom always check what I do on my phone that's why I am writing this in secret. Anyway I can't take it anymore and need to get out. Please help I have to go

RE: Help Please

Hello There!

Thank you for writing to us here at NRS. It sounds like a very hurtful situation that you’re dealing with at home, and we are so sorry to hear that. It must be very frustrating not to be able to communicate with your family, and even more difficult to feel like your mother is being verbally and at times physically abusive as well. It’s understandable that you’re thinking about running away.
    If you feel comfortable and safe, we might suggest talking to your mom about how her treatment makes you feel. If that does not feel safe for you, perhaps you could talk to a school counselor about how you’re feeling and coming up with solutions.
    If you are ever free to talk on the phone with us, we would be happy to look up counseling resources in your area or other ways to help with your problem.

Best of Luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X