No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • stepbrother

    my 18 year old stepbrother always wants to do sexual things with me and I've never done them but he keeps pressuring me and scaring me and I can't tell my parents because I would be blamed for it. I don't get along with my mom because she only acts like she cares about me if she can get attention from it. if I ran away to a different state what would happen to me

  • #2
    Re: stepbrother

    Thank you for posting on our forums.
    It took a lot of courage to talk about what has been going on between you and your stepbrother. We want you to know that your stepbrother does not have the right to pressure you into doing sexual things. If you do not feel comfortable you have the right to call the police and/or make an abuse report. To find out more about this you can check out this website You deserve to feel safe and comfortable at home. We are sorry to hear that you do not believe that your mother cares for you. We want you to know that you are not alone and we do genuinely care about you.
    You asked what would happen if you left home and went to a different state. We are not legal experts nor are we affiliated with the police so we can only speak generally about what could happen if a youth leaves home without the consent of a guardian. For anyone under the age of 18 the parents have the right to make a runaway report. Since it’s only considered a status offense and not a crime to run away, the only thing that would happen is that the police will pick up the youth and bring them back home. This is of course if they had any interaction with the police directly. If the youth is found to be living with anyone else the person that they are staying with could be charged with harboring a runaway, which is a misdemeanor offense. You can find out more about how runaway’s reports are carried out by contacting your local police department. We say this because depending on the police district, the police department, the police officer their response may differ.
    We do not want to leave you without options because your safety is our number one priority. If you would like we could contact your local non-emergency number for you or with you. Just give us a call and one of our trained liners would be happy to assist you.1-800-RUNAWAY we hope you can think over the option of calling us if you wish to further discuss alternatives. Be safe and good luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp