Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boyfriend leaving the state

So my boyfriend is trying to leave the state of North Carolina and go to Georgia he is currently on parole and was supposed to be in his house when his parole officer showed up. A day after he got put on parole he got caught shoplifting. How long would he have to leave the state for the charges to be dropped? Can he get a passport? will he be able to get a job in georgia? Will they arrest him in georgia? And will i get arrested?

RE: My boyfriend leaving the state

Hello there –

Thank you for getting into contact with us here at the National Ruaway Safeline. It’s great that you were able to get into touch with us on our public forum. Hopefully by helping you, there are others that can read through this post and find it helpful as well. From reading through your post here it sounds like you have some questions about what would happen legally to your boyfriend and yourself after he has broken his parole.

We aren’t legal experts here at NRS, so we can’t really tell you for sure what would happen to you or your boyfriend. From what we know, more than likely the warrants that he has would stand in the state of North Carolina and not be dropped until he serves his time. It is unknown whether or not he would be able to get a password or work in another state because they will be on his record. Meaning that they can collect that information by doing a background check. If he were stopped, the officer certainly could see an outstanding warrant and incarcerate him for a period of time. During that incarceration, the state authorities will ask North Carolina if they want them to bring him back to state lines. But again, we aren’t legal experts. Our advice would be to reach out to a lawyer so that you can get some definite answers to your questions.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X