No announcement yet.

How to live with someone else

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to live with someone else

    Hey I asked the other day about living with my best friend and her mom and you said it would be best with parents concent. If my parents want to give me consent is there a legal way for me to be able to live with them and not my parents?

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to us again. We are not legal experts but if you have your parents’ consent then they can give your best friends mom temporary guardianship or work out an agreement with them. It’s up to your parents how they want to proceed with that process. If you have specific questions that you felt like were not addressed you could always call us at 1800-RUNAWAY. We are here to help and are 24/7. Best of Luck!

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    • #3
      Hi, I am currently 16 years old and I am just wondering how would I go about leaving my house without parent consent. They are constantly yelling at me. My boyfriend is 18 and we have been together for almost a year now and him and his parents have agreed to let me stay with them and to help me finish school I’m possibly graduating early and my home life is too stressful. They said that I am more than welcome to come live with them but my father and his wife will not censor them to it at all. Is there a way to leave and have everything be legally ok and nobody get into any trouble with the law and me not have to go back home?


      • ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello There,
        Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline and sharing a little bit of what has been going on. It is great that you have a supportive boyfriend and that his family is willing to help you.
        We are not legal experts but we do have general information on the laws. If you leave without permission your parents do have the right to file a runaway report. If the police do find you they most likely would bring you back home. You could consider going through the emancipation process, which would allow you to leave legally before turning 18. To find out more about the emancipation process you can always call us or your local court house.
        We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore options more please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. Best of luck!
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp