Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ASAP

I'm 16 years old and going on to 17 in October. I live in Wisconsin, I ranaway in 2013 with a stranger cause I was so done with my family but later came back. I used to be gang related ,but changed my ways for the better. I live with my family but feel like running again. I was so done back then that I ran with a stranger, overdosed and was almost killed and I know it was a big mistake and yet i feel like running again. I know i don't want to be stupid about it, i just wanna move n with my cousin and pay rent on my own, finish school early, go to college. I want to better myself, i have a job and work 8 hour shifts Monday through Saturday year round, i go to school and could graduate early, my job is willing to pay my college, i have my own car that i bought myself, but my anxiety is killing me. I can't be here anymore. I don't feel like myself anymore there's not a day where i don't think about what happened when i left and why i left. My parents are so religious I've always been locked up at home not being able to do anything. At first it was because of there fear of me being killed like my sister was killed i know they're traumatized i get it, but I'm not. I'm ready to leave and not be wild with it, i wanna play it dafe because i know the consequences. I just want to leave now but i want to know how without getting in trouble or anybody else in trouble.

Re: Help ASAP

Hello,
    Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.
    It sounds like you have been through the whole runaway lifestyle before and some bad things happened to you so you returned home. It is great that you have changed your ways and that you have all of these plans for your future. It sounds like you really have a lot going for yourself but you are conflicted with reoccurring thoughts and feelings that you should leave home again.
    We are sorry to hear of the loss of your sister. It sounds like you think that your parents think that you are going to turn out like her but you know that you will not. You know what you want and what you have to do to obtain it. It sounds like you are extremely mature for your age. It is understandable that you would want to move somewhere else, where you can be your own person. You mentioned that you want to leave but you don’t want to get yourself or anyone else in trouble. If you give us a call we can talk about it further.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Will it still be anonymous and confidential?

Comment

Re: Help ASAP

Yes, We provide free, confidential, and nonjudgmental services. 1-800-RUNAWAY
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
        x
        x
        Working...
        X