Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 year old in Colorado

I'm 17 years old and I'll be 18 in 6 months. I left my house yesterday due to verbal abuse and physical abuse. I have also been sexually molested by a family member that lives with us. If my parents called the cops and reported me as a runway would I still be returned? I have a safe house at which I'm staying at. Could they leave me there?

Reply: 17 year old in Colorado

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

We are sorry to hear about your situation. You do not deserve to be abused by anyone.
    It not your fault that any of this has happened. You deserve to be safe.
    Good for you for thinking about your safety.

Have you reported the abuse to Child Protective services?
    You have the option to disclose to the police or CPS what happened to you and have an investigation. Take place. This may aid in you not having to return home.
    To get information where to report child abuse in your area call: Child help USA at: 1-800-422-4453

You might also consider contacting the police non –emergency number and asking if at seventeen you would be consider a runaway and forced to return home. NRS offers conference calling and would be willing to contact the police department in your area to ask this question on your behalf.
    You could listen in and then weigh your options.
    How does that sound?

Just give us a call at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929).
    It would probably be a good idea to call during normal business hours when contacting the police.

We hope that you remain safe and continue to reach out for support.
    NRS is here to listen and here to help.

Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X