No announcement yet.

17, Michigan. I’m done with her.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 17, Michigan. I’m done with her.

    I’m done with my mom, I’m done trying to things legally with the courts, I’m done trying to get CPS to let me leave. None of it works. My mom is a drug addict and takes out her anger on me verbally and not physically. She uses my check every month to support her drug habits rather then to care for me. She just kicked me out of her house and called me a bunch of names. I don’t plan on going back but can she legally do anything? I’ve heard from a lot of people that if u leave at 17 in Michigan the cops won’t do anything but I’m not sure. Any replies are helpful. Btw this is Genesee county

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are dealing with a really tough situation. It’s unfortunate that you have no support and are experiencing verbal abuse from your mom. If you wanted to talk to someone about the verbal abuse you are experiencing you can contact Child Help at 1800-422-4453.
    Since you are still considered a minor your mom could file a runaway report with the police. If she does that and the police locate you they would just return you home. As you stated, because you are 17 and so close to being considered an adult the police may not really pursue it. You can reach out to your local non-emergency number and ask them if you are 17 and runaway what their protocol is to be sure. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1800-RUNAWAY. We are here to help, 24/7 and confidential. Best of Luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp